Parent Community Association
WSL is fortunate to have a dedicated and highly engaged parent body. The Parent Community Association (PCA) is responsible for WSL's high caliber speaker series, the Holiday Fair Boutique, the Instrument Petting Zoo & Family Concert, Windows into Waldorf, and many other wonderful events that support the school. Not to mention it's a dynamic, fun group!
The PCA meets monthly and welcomes one and all. It's a great way to get to know the broader school, beyond the walls of a particular classroom. Our monthly meetings are lively and engaging as we work on initiatives to support and benefit students, faculty and staff, and parents of the Waldorf School of Lexington. Some of these initiatives include:
- PCA Lectures & Special Events
- Diversity Book Club, with a focus this year on racial identity, institutionalized inequity, and strategies for building a community that is both more inclusive and celebratory of racial and ethnic differences. Learn more about our book list and discussion group.
- Dads Connection, all-inclusive and welcoming, with activities that include monthly gatherings as well as special events focused on astronomy, music, and exploring the world outdoors with the intent to build and strengthen our community.
- Welcome Reception for parents of early childhood students newly accepted to our school
- International Potluck highlighting the cultural diversity of our community
- Waldorf Boutique at the Holiday Fair—a large-scale rummage sale of gently-used clothing and toys
- Volunteer Skills and Interests survey
We welcome all interested parents to our meetings, which are held on the first Monday of each month at 8:30 a.m. in the chorus room. (No meetings in September and December.)
If you can't make a meeting but are still interested in learning more, please email us at email@example.com. Or leave us a message at the school: 781-863-1062, extension 565.