WSL's 46th annual Holiday Fair was a great success! Our sincerest thanks to all of the dedicated parents, students, faculty, and staff who organized and executed a wonderful event for the school and surrounding communities. We hope you enjoy these “postcards” from the fair…
The fair gave budding artists of all stripes the chance to sell their wares.
- This year for the first time there was no charge for admission. This appears to have been very well received. Attendance was up, and our donation basket raised over $1,400. The welcome table went through 450 programs!
- The unglamorous work of setup and cleanup was efficiently handled by a spirited group of 7th and 8th grade parents, students, and faculty.
- We can’t forget the essential oversight and coordination of myriad details by this year’s Holiday Fair committee, Catherine Steiner and Betsy Peck (who is also responsible for all of the outstanding fair photos).
- Net proceeds of over $17,800 exceeded our expectations and was about equal with last year’s total, even with free admission.
- Last but not least, we want to share the secrets to superior gluten-free brownies! Bethany Creath recommends all of Moon Rabbit’s gluten-free mixes. And Ann Wiedie uses the King Arthur Flour gluten-free brownie mix (studded with mint M&M’s, and favoring butter over oil). Happy baking!