- A full-year program for children age 2.5–3 by September 1 designed to ease the transition to nursery school.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00–noon + parent evenings.
- Parents remain in the classroom for the first 6–8 weeks. Children stay at school independently after this transitional period, preparing them for the nursery and kindergarten years.
- Held in the Parent-Child classroom in the Main Building.
- Class size is approximately 10 children + 2 teachers.
The Buttercups program follows the seasonal rhythms of the world of nature. Daily activities include baking bread, creative free play, circle games and songs, storytelling, puppetry, crafts, outdoor play such as gardening and sledding, and a healthy snack, which the children help to prepare. Parent evenings focus on child development issues and are held throughout the school year.